BACK TO HOME PAGE

Giants of Ohio

38 pound copper ax was found in one of the Hopewell mounds of Ohio.

Estimates of the number of moundworks in Ohio alone—at the end of the Colonial period—topped ten thousand. Today, less than one-twentieth of these exist in reconstructed form. ,

There were mounds situated in the eastern part of the village of Conneaut and an extensive burying-ground near the Presbyterian church, which appear to have had no connection with the burying-
places of the Indians. Among the human bones found in the mounds were some belonging to men of gigantic structure. Some of the skulls were of sufficient capacity to admit the head of an ordinary man,
and jaw bones that might have been fitted on over the face with equal facility; the other bones were proportionately large. The burying-ground referred to contained about four acres, and with the
exception of a slight angle in conformity with the natural contour of the ground was in the form of an oblong square. It appeared to have been accurately surveyed into lots running from north to south,
and exhibited all the order and propriety of arrangement deemed necessary to constitute Christian burial...

Historical Collections of Ohio in Two Volumes
by Henry Howe, LL.D. (1888)

The first record of giants in Ohio can be traced back to 1829. A near by mound was being used to furnish the material to build a hotel in Chesterville. As they dug into the mounds, the workers dug up a
large human skeleton. The local physician examining the skeleton said that the skull could have easily fit over a normal man's head with no difficulty. Another pecularity of the skeleton was the additonal
teeth it had compared to modern man.

In the Ohio River Valley, Indian Mounds abound. In 1872,Seneca Township, Noble County, Ohio, in what is now called 'Bates' Mound three skeletons wre found. All three skeletons unearthed were at the
very least eight feet tall in heighth with bone structure proportional to their height. Another amazing discovery about these skeletons is that they all had double rows of teeth.

Later, in 1878, another discovery in the county of  Ashtabula County, Ohio. Mounds were excavated on land belonging to Peleg Sweet, a man of large features. In the first mound, theyt unearthed a  skull
and jaw which were of such size that the skull would cover Sweet's head and the jaw could be easily slipped over his face. Excavating further, they discovered these mounds contained the graves
estimated between two and three thousand. Many of the skeletons found were of gigantic proportions.

According to Indian Legend  there were two different races of strange humans that pre-existed their culture. One was the Archaic people who had slender bodies with long  narrow heads..  The other
group was the Adena people who had a massive bone structure with a short head. The Archaics were living in the Ohio River Valley prior to the Adenas. In what is assumed to be around 1000 BC, the
Adenas moved into the area , coming up from the South, to claim dominion over the land. After a great war, the Archaics were destroyed by this more advanced and powerful race. From the Adenas the
art of mound building was established .
David Cusic, a Tuscorora by birth, wrote in 1825 that among the legends of the ancient people there was a powerful tribe called Ronnongwetowanca. They were giants, and had a "considerable
habitation." He states that when the Great Spirit made the people, some of them became giants. They made themselves feared by attacking when most unexpected. After having endured the outrages of
these giants for a great long time, the people banded together to destroy them. With a final force of about 800 warriors, they successfully annihilated the abhorrent Ronnongwetowanca. There were no
giants anywhere after this, it was said. This was supposed to have happened around 2,500 winters before Columbus arrived in America, i.e. circa 1,000 B.C.-the time that the Adena seem to have arrived
in the Ohio Valley.

Modern day archaeology and anthropology have literallly sealed the doors  to the true history of our ancestors. Archeological discoveries have become a one way door. What was discovered went to the
Smithsonian Institute and others like it where the  contents have been  virtually sealed off to all but the elite few. But by digging through the archives of old newspapers, remaining documents, diaries  and
Indian legends we can form some idea as to what laid in our past.

The Scientific American, in 1883, published the following account:

Two miles from Mandan, on the bluffs near the junction of the Hart and Missouri Rivers, says the local newspaper, the Pioneer, is an old Cemetery of fully 100 acres in extent filled with bones of a giant
race. This vast city of the dead lies just east of the Fort Lincoln road. The ground has the appearance of having been filled with trenches piled full of dead bodies, both man and beast, and covered with
several feet of earth. In many places mounds from 8 to 10 feet high, and some of them 100 feet or more in length, have been thrown up and are filled with bones, broken pottery, vases of various bright
colored flint, and agates ... showing the work of a people skilled in the arts and possessed of a high state of civilization. This has evidently been a grand battlefield, where thousands of men ... have fallen.
...Five miles above Mandan, on the opposite side of the Missouri, is another vast cemetery, as yet unexplored. We asked an aged Indian what his people knew of these ancient grave yards. He answered:
"Me know nothing about them. They were here before the red man."

From the Ironton Register, a small Ohio River town newspaper, dated 5 May 1892,:  

Where Proctorville now stands was one day part of a well paved city, but I think the greatest part of it is now in the Ohio river. Only a few mounds, there; one of which was near the C. Wilgus mansion and
contained a skeleton of a very large person, all double teeth, and sound, in a jaw bone that would go over the jaw with the flesh on, of a large man; The common burying ground was well filled with
skeletons at a depth of about 6 feet. Part of the pavement was of boulder stone and part of well preserved brick.
-----------------------------------------------------
Evidence for the occupation of this region before the appearance of the red man and the white race is to be found in almost every part of the county, as well as through the northwest generally. In
removing the gravel bluffs, which are numerous and deep, for the construction and repair of roads, and in excavating cellars, hundreds of human skeletons, some of them of giant form, have been found.
A citizen of Marion County estimates that there were about as many human skeletons in the knolls of Marion County as there are white inhabitants at present!

The History of Marion County, Ohio 1883
compiled from past accounts, published in 1883
----------------------------------------------------------

Mastodonic remains are occasionally unearthed, and, from time to time, discoveries of the remains of Indian settlements are indicated by the appearance of gigantic skeletons, with the high cheek bones,
powerful jaws and massive frames peculiar of the red man, who left these as the only record with which to form a clew to the history of past ages.

The History of Brown County, Ohio
(complied from past accounts, published in 1883)
------------------------------------------------------------------
She said also that three skeletons were found at the mouth of the Paw Paw Creek many years later, while Nim (Nimrod) Satterfield was justice of the peace. Jim Dean and some men were digging for a
bridge foundation and found these bones at the lower end of the old buffalo wallow. She thought it was Dr. Kidwell, of Fairmont, who examined them and said they were very old, perhaps thousands of
years old. She said that when the skeletons were exposed to the weather for a few days, their bones turned black and began to crumble, that Squire Satterfield had them buried in the Joliffe graveyard
(Rivesville). All these skeletons, she said, were measured, and found to be about eight feet long.
Now and Long Ago-A History of the Marion County Area
by Glen Lough (1969)
(This citation on West Virginia courtesy Dave Cain.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collected Accounts of James Mooney (1861-1921), tells of the visit of very tall people from the west:

James Wafford, of the western Cherokee, who was born in Georgia in 1806, says that his grandmother, who must have been born about the middle of the last century, told him that she had heard from
the old people that long before her time a party of giants had once come to visit the Cherokee. They were nearly twice as tall as common men, and had their eyes set slanting in their heads, so that the
Cherokee called them Tsunil´ kalu´, "the Slant-eyed people," because they looked like the giant hunter Tsul´ kalu´. They said that these giants lived far away in the direction in which the sun goes
down. The Cherokee received them as friends, and they stayed some time, and then returned to their home in the west...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A document dated March 3 1880 records an excavation in Brush Creek Township, Muskingurn County. A site was excavated on the farm of J.M. Baughman. In this particular muond was discovered the
bones of men and women, buried in couples . The length of their skeletons exceeding eight and even nine feet! The excavation was started in early December 1870.

What is most interesting and IMPORTANT here is the discovery of a large stone tablet inscribed with an ancient eastern form of writing. These are what is now refered to as the Brush Creek Tablets. *See
Morman Tablets


Modern anthropologists have put forward the theory that once the giants existed in great number, and were the dominant race prior to the advent of modem and smaller races of men and women. Being
warlike, they diminished their number in great wars (as the thousands of mound burials in the Ohio River Valley attest), and were eventually subjugated by the smaller, but more numerous races.  
Although the giants of yesteryears may have been destroyed, the genes still rise in modern man ie. children born with 6 toes or fingers, double rows of teeth and giant sizes such as shown in the picture
at the top of the page.
Click below to see the Ohio Mounds Presentation

We can find another example of the existence of giant 'bearded' men, through the tradition of the Chippewa, Sandusky, and Tawa tribes.,
"In this connection I would say that Mr. Jonathan Brooks, now living in town, stated to me, that his father, Benjamin Brooks, who lived with the Indians fourteen years, and was well-acquainted with their
language and traditions, told him and others that it was a tradition of the Indians that the first tribe occupying this whole country, was a black-bearded race, very large in size, and subsequently a red
bearded race or tribe came and killed or drove off all the black beards, as they called them."
The Firelands Pioneer (1858)
A mound near Toledo, Ohio, held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people," and besides each was a large bowl with "curiously wrought
hieroglyphic figures."
(Chicago Record, Oct. 24, 1895; cited by Ron G. Dobbins, NEARA Journal, v13, fall 1978)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1826, a well dug near the Ohio river in north Cincinnati failed to produce water, but did produce the unexpected. From a level 94 feet down, a buried tree stump was brought to the surface which
showed the marks of an ax. The marks were deep and well-cut, indicating the use of a sharp and durable blade.The suspicion that the ax had been made of metal was confirmed when, embedded in the
top of the stump, an advanced oxidized wedge of iron was found. The layer from which the stump came was estimated to be between 50,000 and 75,000 years old - nearly 10 times the accepted age of
the supposed first metal usage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Los Angeles News of December 17, 1869 printed an account supplied to the paper by a correspondent of the Cleveland Herald, writing from Wellsville, Ohio. The account described how in the
autumn of the year, at a coal mine operated by a Captain Lacey of Hammondville, a miner named James Parsons was loosening a large mass at a depth of 100 feet, when he suddenly exposed a smooth
slate wall covered with strange alphabetic writing. The letters were raised and well defined. The coal that had covered the wall bore their distinct impression - which means the letters date to a time when
the coal was in a vegetable state, and had molded itself against the wall. Each sign was three-quarters of an inch in size, and arranged in rows precisely spaced 3 inches apart. The first line of letters
contained 25. Local teachers and ministers examined the find, but could offer no explanations. Unfortunately, just before a number of university professors arrived to verify the discovery, the slate surface
disintegrated from exposure to air, and the script was lost. Nevertheless, the find was well-documented, and attested
to by several reliable witnesses. But the most disturbing fact about the mysterious slate wall and its glyphs was their undeniable presence in coal - coal from the Carboniferous era, well over 200 million
years old.

GIANTS OF OKLAHOMA

In 1912, two employees of the Municipal Electric Plant of Thomas, Oklahoma, were shoveling coal into the plant furnaces, using fuel which had been mined near neighboring Wilberton. One chunk of coal
was too large to handle, so the
workmen took a sledge hammer to it. Once it broke open, however, the workmen found that the chunk contained an iron pot, and upon its removal, the two coal halves bore the "mold" of the pot in its
interiors. Both employees signed affidavits testifying to the authenticity of the discovery, and the iron pot was subsequently examined by several experts - every one of which was most reluctant to
comment on the pot, and the circumstances surrounding its discovery. This was most understandable,
since the object came from coal dated from 300 to 325 million years


On June 27,1969, workmen cutting into a rock shelf situated on the Broadway Extension of 122nd Street, between Edmond and Oklahoma City, came upon a find that was to create much controversy
among the experts. The find was an inlaid tile floor, found 3 feet below the surface, and covering several thousand square feet. Durwood Pate, an Oklahoma City geologist, commented on the floor in the
Edmond Booster of July 3, 1969: "I am sure this was man-made because the stones are placed in perfect sets of parallel lines which intersect to form a diamond shape, all pointing to the east. We found
post holes which measure a
perfect two rods from the other two. The top of the stone is very smooth, and if you lift one of them, you will find it is very jagged, which indicates wear on the surface. Everything is too well placed to be a
natural formation."
Pate also discovered a form of mortar between the tiles. He believes now that the tile surface served as a common floor for several human shelters over a wide area. Delbert Smith, a geologist and
president of the Oklahoma Seismograph Company, summed up the mystery concerning the tile floor in the Tulsa World of June 29, 1969: "There is no question about it. It had been laid there, but I have
no idea by whom." Yet another facet of the mystery involved the question of age. There are some differing
opinions as to the geology involved, but the best estimate places the tiles at 200,000 years old.

GIANTS OF TENNESSEE

In the early spring of 1891, a farmer named J.H. Hooper was examining a wooded ridge on his property, located in Bradley
County, 13 miles from Cleveland, Tennessee. A peculiar stone caught his attention, which he first took to be a grave marker. But digging around it, he soon discovered that the stone was only a surface
projection of a subterranean structure that extended into the depths below. Hopper spent the next several weeks in an attempt to uncover his unusual find: A length of wall, traced for a thousand feet, on
the average 2 feet thick and 8 feet high, with numerous projections - like the first one - spaced along the top every 25 to 30 feet. The wall ran roughly at an angle of 15 to 20 degrees east. The structure
continues on beyond the section exposed, in both directions, following the crest of a ridge that extends from the Hiawassee river north of Chattanooga southward, where it dips beneath the Tennessee
river. Its position dates it geologically to near the beginning of the Quaternary - well over a million years old. The wall is composed of red sandstone blocks constructed in three courses, cemented
together with a dark red clay mixed with salt, and in numerous places is plastered over with red, slate and yellow clays. Along one stretch of wall, near the northern end a distance of 16 feet, Hooper made
without a doubt the most important discovery: Hidden beneath the outer clay plasterings, a number of the sandstone block surfaces were covered with the hieroglyphs of a lost language. The letters were
arranged in wavy, parallel and diagonal lines, interspersed with small pictures of strange animals, many unidentifiable. there were other symbols too, of the sun and crescent moon, which appear to have
some astronomical significance. All together, 872 individual characters were made out, many repeated - suggesting the
script is a form of pictographic writing, like Chinese. Despite the implications of the wall, and the challenge of the discovery of an unknown writing, the find was met by the scientific community with
overwhelming apathy. A short notice on the Tennessee
mystery wall appeared in the Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences (11:26-29), written by A.L. Rawson, who examined the structure and script first-hand, as well as published copies he had
made of some of the glyphs and pictures. But that was all; no further study was ever made.

GIANTS OF UTAH

A week later, Ottinger returned to the plateau with Dr. J.P. Marwitt, professor of anthropology at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, several photographers, a news reporter, and a number of
observers. With cameras recording the event, Dr. Marwitt carefully removed the lower halves of two human skeletons. The bones were articulated - that is, laid out naturally - showing the bodies had not
fallen or been washed into the stratum in which they were situated. These and other factors revealed
the bones to be as old as the layer in which they were found. The one problem was, the layer is Lower Dakota and Upper Morrison formations -over 100 million years of age, according to uniformitarian
geologists. Yet, as Marwitt noted, the bones were not simian or even half-ape: They were fully human and modern-looking. The skeletons were taken by Marwitt back with him to the University of Utah, to
run laboratory  er run, there was no official confirmation. One gets the impression they were, and that the findings were too disturbing for conservative thinking. Marwitt suddenly became "disinterested" in
the project, and left Utah to take up a teaching position elsewhere. After a year waiting for results, Ottinger recovered the bones - and that ended the scientific inquiry.


GIANTS OF WEST VIRGINIA

Ancient European Skeleton Recovered In West Virginia Cave
Cave Skeleton is European, 1,300 Years Old, Man Says
Sept. 29, 2002
MORGANTOWN - The man who first advanced the theory that markings carved on in a Wyoming County cave are actually characters from an ancient Irish alphabet has found human remains at the site,
which tests indicate are European in origin and date back to A.D. 710, he maintains.
Robert Pyle of Morgantown says that a DNA analysis of material from the skeleton's teeth roots was conducted by Brigham Young University. That analysis, he says, shows that the skeleton's DNA, when
compared to samples from Native American groups and an array of European sources, most closely matches samples from the British Isles.
Pyle says the DNA test, plus a radiocarbon test that dates the skeleton to 710, suggest the presence of a European visitor to the North American continent nearly 800 years before the arrival of
Columbus, and nearly 300 years before Viking Leif Erickson


The American Anthropologist, volume IX (1896), page 66, describes the finding of a perfect human imprint in stone about 4 miles north of Parkersburg, on the West Virginia side of the Ohio river. The
track was 14 1/2 inches long, and was found embedded in a large stone. Though few specifics were given, one expert has calculated from the type of rock depicted, and its position on the river's edge,
that the track must be at least 150 million years old, according to modern geologic dating..

GIANTS OF WISCONSIN

Compilation of newspaper articles I have found on giants and mounds burial sites  of Wisconsin  - Mary Sutherland

Cambridge  - Double Set of Teeth
The eleventh skeleton that has been dug up in this neighborhood in the last few years was discovered by A.E.Morton while he was escavating for his home on Lake Ripley. The
skeleton was entire and had “the double set of teeth in the lower jaw”.  It measured six feet three inches from head to the base of the foot.
Eau Claire Leader, November 27, 1907

NEENAH, WISCONSIN
"Oh, Wisconsin. beneath your feet is an ocean of bones...."
"They (railroad crews) knocked the top off of the small hill called Butte Des Morts. It was full of skeletons. Tracks were laid across the cut and The combined bones and rock became the track bed." - a
diary description of the 19th century decapitation of a section of "the hill of the dead"(Butte Des Morts) on the shore of Little Lake Butte Des Morts in Neenah.  
The hill is reputed to hold the piled up corpses of Fox Indians killed during a battle against the French and their Indian Allies in the Fox/French Wars. More likely, the hill had been part of a long standing
burial ground and contained the bones of the ancient mound builders. Mounds are everywhere, their remains may be beneath your feet right as you read this. In the mid to late 19th century countless
mounds were plowed over by farmers. Road crews crushed bones into aggregate for road and railroad beds. It's safe to say that all of Wisconsin's primary roads contain shattered bits of the bones of the
ancient dead

A stone ax  was discovered, twenty-eight inches long, fourteen inches wide, eleven inches thick, and weighing three hundred pounds.  Makes you want to re-think the Paul Bunyan
stories doesn't it!
------------------------------
PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WISCONSIN
Excerpt from 1823 manuscript prepared by Stephen H. Long, Major USTE by order of the Hon. J.C. Calhoun, Secretary of War.
There are at present but few Indians in the immediate vicinity of the fort, and none can give an account of the works which are so abundantly scattered over the country. They say that the only means by
which they can account for them is to suppose that the country was probably inhabited, at a period anterior to the most remote traditions, by a race of white men, similar to those of European origin,and
that they were cut off by their forefathers. This supposition is grounded upon the circumstance of their having found human bones buried in the earth at a much greater depth than that, at which they are
accustomed to inter their dead; and in graves which differ from theirs, inasmuch as they are unaccompanied by instruments of any kind, whereas they never omit depositing the arms, &c. with the corpse
of the deceased. It is also said that tomahawks of brass (?) and other implements differing from those in common use among the present Indians, have likewise been found under the surface of the
ground.. The fortifications appear to them likewise to be a proof of the correctness of their opinion, as none of the Indians are in the habit of constructing works of a similar character, and as indeed they
are unacquainted with the utility of them.

"Mr. Brisbois, who has been for a long time a resident of Prairie du Chien, informed me that he saw the skeletons of eight persons, that were found, in digging a cellar near his house, lying side by side.
They were of a gigantic size, measuring about eight feet from head to foot. He added that he took a leg bone of one of them and placed it by the side of his own leg, in order compare the length of the
two; the bone of the skeleton extended six inches above his knee. None of these bones could be preserved as they crumbled to dust soon after they were exposed to the atmosphere."*

[Note : * Major Long's MS. No. 2, folio 25.]

We saw a number of Indian graves on the prairie, but as they were modern they offered nothing peculiar. They resemble the graves of white men, but the sod over them is covered with boards or bark,
secured to stakes driven into the ground, so as to form a sort of roof over the grave; at the head, poles were erected for the purpose of supporting flags; a few tatters of one of these still waved over the
grave. An upright post was also fixed near the head, and upon this the deeds of the deceased, whether in the way of hunting or fighting, were inscribed with red or black paint. The graves were placed
upon mounds in the prairie, this situation having doubtless been selected as being the highest and least likely to be overflowed.

From a series of observations, taken at this place, it results that Fort Crawford is situated in latitude 43° 3' 31' north, and longitude 90° 52' 30' west. The magnetic variation amounts here to 8° 48' 52'
east.

Scientists are remaining stubbornly silent about a lost race of giants found in burial mounds near Lake Delavan, Wisconsin, in May 1912.


HENSCHELL WISCONSIN  "...there are more burial and effigy mounds in Wisconsin than any other part of North America."
1877. "A plow horse accidentally broke through the top of an ancient mound at Henschell in Sheboygan County. When the farmer and his neighbors investigated, they found fifty skeletons in sitting in a
circle facing the center of the mound. A large marine shell from the Gulf Coast was on the floor in the middle of the group...."
The rivers were highways. The trade route from what is now the gulf side of Mexico to Wisconsin was a relatively routine thing. Sea shells from the Yucatan are a fairly common find in the soil of the
Badger state. Always keep an eye out, the ground beneath your feet is alive with the stories of those who came before you.


LAKE DELAVAN WISCONSIN The dig site at Lake Delavan was overseen by Beloit College and it included more than 200 effigy mounds.

.First reported in the 4 May 1912 issue of the New York Times the 18 skeletons found by the Peterson brothers on Lake Lawn Farm in southwest Wisconsin exhibited several strange  features. Their
heights ranged between 7.6ft and 10 feet and their skulls…“presumably those of men, are much larger than the heads of any race which inhabit America to-day.”

They tend to have a double row of teeth, 6 fingers, 6 toes and like humans came in different races. The teeth in the front of the jaw are regular molars. Heads usually found are elongated.

MAPLE CREEK WISCONSIN On 20 December 1897, the Times followed up with a report on three large burial mounds that had been discovered in Maple Creek, Wisconsin. One had recently been
opened.. In it was found the skeleton of a man of gigantic size. The bones measured from head to foot over nine feet and were in a fair state of preservation. The skull was as large as a half bushel
measure. Some finely tempered rods of copper and other relics were lying near the bones .On December 20th,  New York Times reported that three large burial mounds had been discovered near Maple  
Upon excavation, a skeleton measuring over nine feet from head to toe was discovered with finely tempered copper rods and other relics.
Giant Skeleton in West Bend, WI

LAKE DELEVAN  Walworth County Wisconsin
A discovery on the shores of Delavan Lake in Walworth County made various newspapers, including the New York Times. Two brothers, ernest and Chester Phillips, had purchased the lakefront property
known as Lake Lawn and were curious about the great number of mounds located on their farm. They found conical mounds, which often contained burials, and various effigy mounds, constructed in the
shape of strange animals and abstract formations.
The Lake Lawn farm is now a resort and golf course, located just west of Delavan on Highway 50. All together, there were over one hundred mounds on the property, but less than a fourth remains.
The restaurant is constructed directly over what used to be a very large mound, and many of its past and current workers whisper that it is haunted.  ref:  Linda Godfrey – Weird Wisconsin


LAKE MILLS WISCONSIN .  SEE MY WORK ON LAKE MILLS AND AZTALAN  On 10 August 1891, the New York Times reported that scientists from the Smithsonian Institution had discovered several
large “pyramidal monuments” on Lake Mills, near Madison, Wisconsin.

Giant skulls and skeletons of a race of giants have been found on a very regular basis throughout the Midwestern states for more than 100 years. Giants have been found in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois,
Ohio, Kentucky and New York, as well as other states in North America and their burial sites are similar to the well-known mounds of  the Mound Builder people of Wisconsin

POTOSI WISCONSIN The January 13th, 1870 edition of the Wisconsin Decatur Republican reported that two giant, well-preserved skeletons of an unknown race were discovered near Potosi, WI by
workers digging the foundation of a saw mill near the bank of the Mississippi river.
One skeleton measured seven-and-a-half feet, the other eight feet. The skulls of each had prominent cheek bones and double rows of teeth. A large collection of arrowheads and “strange toys” were
found buried with the remains.

WEST BEND WISCONSIN
A giant skeleton was unearthed outside of West Bend near Lizard Mound County Park and assembled by local farmers to a height of eight feet.

VOREE WISCONSIN  North of Burlington is the Mormon Strangite Community originally founded and ruled over by Prophet James Strang. It was his claim that Brass Plates were found in the woods
outside of Voree. They were found next to  a giant buried under a large tree. According to the plates, this giant was RAJA MANCHORE OF VORITO  a priest and ruler of a mining community.  The burial
plates show him as being over the stars, yet under the ‘All Seeing Eye of Ra’.  His title was of a Raja and hair cut is known as a ‘roach’ ….indicating that he was most likely of the eastern culture of
Brahmins or of Egyptian/Hebrew descent.

WISCONSIN RAPIDS - Wisconsin was a major center of ancient religion. It saw man's earliest attempts at metal making and, according to the following article, was the home of ancient astronomers.
”Prof. James Scherz claims to have discovered an ancient Indian calendar site in a marshy region near Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Scherz was led to the site by aerial photographs taken during a
wetlands mapping program. Strange "islands" of higher land seen within the bog were found, upon terrestrial inspection, to be unusually steep, possibly artificial. Some were round, some four-sided;
others were shaped like a fish, a rabbit, and a snake. [Wisconsin has countless similar "effigy mounds" elsewhere.] Causeways connect some of these so-called islands.
The most interesting features of the islands, however, are prominent rocks and rock cairns. Scherz and an assistant mapped the islands, cairns, and rocks to determine if any astronomical alignments
existed. Sure enough, the solstices and equinoxes were predictable from some of the alignments. Another alignment provided the site's latitude. The exploration of this site is incomplete, and further
information is expected. Quite possibly, the site is associated with the famous prehistoric copper mining activities which were centered in Wisconsin roughly 3,000 to 7,000 years ago.” (Murn, Thomas J.;
"Portage County Cairns: Wisconsin's Rockhenge," NEARA Journal, 18:50, 1984.)

Pictographs found in southwestern Wisconsin Caves – Near Mississippi River
Daniel Arnold, an amateur archaeologist, stumbled upon a cave in southwestern Wisconsin near the Mississippi River. What he found was startling: over 100 pictographs covered the walls and ceilings of
the large multi-chambered cave.
"The birds, deer, and bow hunters are of styles that had to be prehistoric, and the charcoal had been absorbed into the rock. This was real, this was old, and there was a lot of it."
The rock art, often grouped in panels like comic strips, depicts humans, birds and deer and abstract designs. Bow hunters are seen hunting deer. There is also an image depicting the use of a cradle
board. Evidence of cradle boarding, the flattening of the back of the skull to create a distinctive appearance, has been found in ancient mounds in the southwest corner of Wisconsin and in Iowa. The
pictographs were carbon dated to 700 B.C.

AZTALAN AND ROCK LAKE MORMON HISTORY
The Journey of Lehi and his family from Jerusalem to the continent of America in the first year of the reign of Zedekiah King of Judeah previous to the Babylon captivity
600 B.C., during the climatic Jaredite Wars,  Lehi led a migration of Israelites to the Promised Land of the Americas. Some believe the main group may have ported in South and Central America, then
battled northward into the land of the Jaredites.   As greed and desire for absolute power will have it, soon a civil war also broke out between Lehi's people breaking the main group into two seperate
groups, becoming the Nephite and the Lamites. In the end, these two groups battled to the last men, as  the Jaredites had done earlier, on the same  hill in New York, now called “Cummorah”.
God gave the order to wipe the Nephites off the face of the earth, along with all record of their existence. (Deut.) In some battles thousands were slain and piled up in heaps upon the face of the land and
then earth thrown upon them.

The last group to arrive on North American soil were the Mulekites, also known as the people of Zarahemia, bringing with them Mulek, the son of King Zedekia and heir to the throne of David.
The Book of Mormon begins its story of the Mulekites where the Old Testament story of Zedekiah ends. Amaleki writes that Mulek, the son of Zedekiah and heir to the throne of David, came “out from
Jerusalem at the time that Zedekiah, king of Judah, was carried away captive into Babylon.” Amaleki continues: “And they journeyed in the wilderness, and were brought by the hand of the Lord across
the great waters, into the land where a group led by Mosiah discovered them; and they had dwelt there from that time forth. The Book of Mormon chronologist dates this reuniting of these two escaped
remnants of Jerusalem sometime between 279 B.C. and 130 B.C.

Until the Book of Mormon was published in 1830, biblical history had remained silent about any surviving son of the last of the twenty-one kings of Judah (heir to the throne of David)  According to biblical
history, after the Babylonian King overthrew Jerusalem, he placed Zedekiah (Mattaniah), grandson of the righteous King Josiah, in charge.  Later, supported by Moab, Ammon, Edom, Tyre and Sidon,
Zedekiah rebelled against Nebuchadnezzar. Resulting from his failed attempt, he lost this city,was captured at the plains of Jericho and he and his men were taken to Riblah, Nebuchadnezzar’s
headquarters. There Zedekiah’s sons and the nobles of Judah were slain before his eyes. Last of all, Zedekiah’s eyes were put out and he was bound and taken to Babylon. In the words of Josephus,
“After this manner … the kings of David’s race ended their lives, being in number twenty-one - until the last king.”

After arriving in North America, they were introduced to the gospel under King Mosiah and then continued to be taught under his son, King Benjamin. Before his death, King Benjamin sent a proclamation
“throughout all this land among all this people, or the people of Zarahemla, and the people of Mosiah who dwell in the land” to be gathered together for him to speak to them. When they had gathered
together near the temple built in Zarahemla, the Nephites and Mulekites offered burnt sacrifices according to the Law of Moses and gave thanks to the Lord for bringing them out of the land of Jerusalem
and appointing just men to teach them to keep the commandments of God. (See Mosiah 2:1–4.)

According to Joseph Smith the Jaredites settled in Aztalan, Wisconsin. This is an archeological site similar to the thousands found in the Mississippi valley region attributed to the Mound Builders of North
America. The site contains three small stepped pyramidal mounds located between Milwaukee and Madison.
The Book of Mormon documents several ancient  and highly technologically advanced nations that existed in North Ameirca’s ancient past. The oldest of which were the Jaredite nation,  who came into
existence in North America at the time of the Tower of Babel, which many biblical literalist scholars date to between 3100 B C and 2200 B C  until as late as 600 B C. The record tells us that Jared and his
people came from the land of "the great tower, at the time the Lord confounded the language of the people" (Ether 1:33). The Bible tells us that this was the beginning of all cultures: "So the Lord
scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth" (Genesis 11:8). Because they were a righteous people the LORD did not confound their language, and a Prophet led them called "The
Brother of Jared" (his actual name was Mahonri Moriancumr).

At one time, the Jaredites were one of the greatest nations of this earth with inhabitants spreading from sea to sea, enjoying national greatness and glory for nearly fifteen hundred years. An article titled
“Facts Are Stubborn Things,” appearing in the Times and Seasons in September 1842, and under Joseph Smith’s editorship, claimed the Jaredites to have “covered the whole continent from sea to sea,
with towns and cities”.  According to Mormon History, the Jaredites divided into two warring camps —one righteous, the other unrighteous.
Their armies (2 million men each) fight to the last man in the state of New York, on the Hill Ramah.  By 600 B.C. the Jaredite culture was destroyed in this  last battle. (Archaeologists have also put the
destruction of the Olmec people at 600 B.C.)

600 B.C.  Lehi led a migration of Israelites to the Promised Land of the Americas. They may have originally landed in South and Central America where they then traveled north to the land of the Jaredites
living in North America. Civil war broke out amongst the group and they seperated, becoming the Nephite and the Lamite. Later they would find themselves on the same hill in New York, now called
Cummorah, fighting to the last warrior.
God gave the order to wipe the Nephites off the face of the earth, along with all record of their existence. (Deut.) In some battles thousands were slain and piled up in heaps upon the face of the land and
then earth thrown upon them.

Josiah Priest, American Antiquities, was one of the first to give full documented accounts of this lost race, based on abundance of proof from recent discoveries. History informs this nation of Nephites
were brought down and destroyed by the Lamanites... God stirred up the Lamanites to camp against them round about, and to raise forts against them with a mount, and thus they were brought down.
(Deut.) After Priest completed his report, most of his books and documents concerning this were destroyed.

The last group to arrive on North American soil were the Mulekites, also known as the people of Zarahemia, bringing with them Mulek, the son of King Zedekia and heir to the throne of David.  
The Book of Mormon begins its story of the Mulekites where the Old Testament story of Zedekiah ends. Amaleki writes that Mulek, the son of Zedekiah and heir to the throne of David, came “out from
Jerusalem at the time that Zedekiah, king of Judah, was carried away captive into Babylon.” Amaleki continues: “And they journeyed in the wilderness, and were brought by the hand of the Lord across
the great waters, into the land where a group led by Mosiah discovered them; and they had dwelt there from that time forth. The Book of Mormon chronologist dates this reuniting of these two escaped
remnants of Jerusalem sometime between 279 B.C. and 130 B.C.

Until the Book of Mormon was published in 1830, biblical history had remained silent about any surviving son of the last of the twenty-one kings of Judah (heir to the throne of David)  According to biblical
history, after the Babylonian King overthrew Jerusalem, he placed Zedekiah (Mattaniah), grandson of the righteous King Josiah, in charge.  Later, supported by Moab, Ammon, Edom, Tyre and Sidon,
Zedekiah rebelled against Nebuchadnezzar. Resulting from his failed attempt, he lost this city,was captured at the plains of Jericho and he and his men were taken to Riblah, Nebuchadnezzar’s
headquarters. There Zedekiah’s sons and the nobles of Judah were slain before his eyes. Last of all, Zedekiah’s eyes were put out and he was bound and taken to Babylon. In the words of Josephus,
“After this manner … the kings of David’s race ended their lives, being in number twenty-one - until the last king.”

After arriving in North America, they were introduced to the gospel under King Mosiah and then continued to be taught under his son, King Benjamin. Before his death, King Benjamin sent a proclamation
“throughout all this land among all this people, or the people of Zarahemla, and the people of Mosiah who dwell in the land” to be gathered together for him to speak to them. When they had gathered
together near the temple built in Zarahemla, the Nephites and Mulekites offered burnt sacrifices according to the Law of Moses and gave thanks to the Lord for bringing them out of the land of Jerusalem
and appointing just men to teach them to keep the commandments of God. (See Mosiah 2:1–4.)


CONTINUED ON FOLLOWING PAGE
Exploring the Unknown Race of Giants in
North America   with
Mary Sutherland
Giant Skull found in Wisconsin USA
Giant Elongated Skull found in
Wisconsin
GIANT SKULL found in MINNESOTA
Mary Sutherland is an author and
researcher focusing her work on
consciousness studies, ancient history and
unusual phenomena. She is a "hands on"
researcher and the creator of one of the
largest website on the internet with
hundreds of pages providing information
on the paranormal, UFOs, ancient races
and their cultures, sacred sites and power
points of the world, underground tunnels
and cave systems, dimensional worlds ,
metaphysics, etc. The governor of
Kentucky commissioned her as a
‘Kentucky Colonel” for her work on the
ancient sites of Kentucky. For the last 5
years, she has been exploring, mapping
and documenting the ancient underwater
structures of Rock Lake – near Aztalan.
For the last fourteen years she has been
documenting the ancient sites around
Burlington, WI. Truth is her passion. She
believes it is through truth that we will
break ourselves free of our present
entanglements in life. When we become
free, we will create our own ‘personal story’
of the ‘hero’s journey’ suggested by
Joseph Campbell.
Member Shite Archived Shows
Listen to all our Shows by Mary
Sutherland

815 367 1006

Help support us by purchasing
merchandise from our store. To
visit our store just click onto the
following link
STORE
Help Support Mary Sutherland's
Work by Making a Donation.  
Thank You.
If you are looking for a special topic and
can't find it, type it in the search box
below and click search. All my websites
on that subject will then be provided for
your reading pleasure
CONTACT US TODAY

Brad and Mary Sutherland
248 Carver Street
Winslow, Illinois 61089
815 367 1006